21 February 2015

Reno Dream

I don't know how many renovation success stories I've read, but it seems most successful when you combine the talents of an architect and interior designer, husband-wife team.  It's two amazing brains combined to create the best of the best habitats!  This reno project is just that, with influences from architect Andrew Benn and designer Alice Penna.  An old workers' cottages from the 20s put together to create three separate homes.  Two of which are interconnected though the outdoor space (it opens up to the indoor space completely), which is my favorite spot.









I also fell for the smaller kitchen of the two, with the black backsplash and floating island.  The pairing of a wood finish together with white creates a sharp, krisp result.  If you recall I recently posted the new kitchen system from IKEA called SEKTION (METOD in Europe), as seen here, and the kitchen in this home can easily be duplicated using IKEA products.  That makes me very happy…  here I am creating the next dream small home.


Source The Style Files via Inside Out Magazine
Photography Prue Ruscoe
Styling Claire Delmar



No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Please share...